Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Our year has started off a little rough. Our awesome cat, Fee, got sick at the beginning of the year. He was pretty lethargic and having some bowel issues and it got pretty bad one night, so I ended up in the ER vet with him at 1 in the morning. They did an X-ray on his abdomen and found a very large mass squishing all of his organs. They could have done an ultrasound an biopsy of the mass, but the diagnosis was already bad with the size of it, and his age. There really wasn't anything that could be done. We had to put our poor Fee-head down. The kids and I miss him a lot, and Ryan talks about him often. We had him for over 6 years, thanks to Holly who was willing to part with him so we could enjoy his presence. I have to admit there were moments where he frustrated me very much - silly cord chewing cat who ruined many irons, game controllers, lamps and left teeth marks in pretty much every other cord we own- left me with an achy body every morning because he would squish his 18 lb body somewhere on me most of the night- left me wonderful gifts after his stomach couldn't handle the food crumbs left over from the kids, especially cheese! BUT he left us with many more wonderful memories than bad, and I still think about him often. He did great with moving to 3 different states, living at various houses and kennels, putting up with many silly kids and living in crazy weather from freezing North Dakota to super-hot Las Vegas. I loved that he was more like a dog, you could let him in the back yard and he wouldn't (couldn't) jump over the fence with his crazy short legs and chubby body. He was my buddy while Sean was away at his various schools/training, and was always a comfort to me during hard times.
Miss you Fletter-head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oh Feefers....
I hope we get to see you in Destin. We're in Pensacola for another 9-11 months.
Post a Comment